We have flu vaccination ‘drop-in’ clinics this year on the following dates :
NO NEED TO PREBOOK
SATURDAY 28th SEPTEMBER 2019 at Hartfield surgery eligible adult patients only
SATURDAY 12th OCTOBER 2019 at Groombridge surgery eligible adult patients only
We would like to ask that patients attend at the times set out below using your surname initials to avoid traffic and car park congestion.
|Surnames||Time to attend|
|A||08:00 – 08:20|
|B||08:20 – 08:40|
|C||08:40 – 09:00|
|D – G||09:00 – 09:30|
|H – K||09:30 – 10:00|
|L – M||10:00 – 10:30|
|N – R||10:30 – 11:00|
|S||11:00 – 11:20|
|T – Z||11:20 – 11:50|
The surgery doors will close promptly at 12 noon
Many of our patients will know that they are eligible for an annual flu jab but for those who are unsure the details are set out below:
- If you are aged 65 and over
- If you have a long term or chronic condition e.g. COPD, asthma, diabetes, heart disease, kidney disease, liver disease including hepatitis, neurological disease including multiple sclerosis, Parkinson’s disease, Motor Neurone Disease, learning disabilities, those who have had their spleen removed and those who have a weakened immune system due to disease or treatment (such as taking steroids or being treated with chemotherapy). Other conditions that your GP considers clinically relevant may also be taken into account
- If you are pregnant
- If you are a registered carer
- If you are close contacts of immunocompromised individuals
- Are seriously overweight (BMI of 40 and above)
- If you are living in a long-stay residential care home or other long-stay care facility
- If you are a registered patient who is employed as a Social Care or Hospice Worker
*Eligible children under 18 Years Old & those aged 2 and 3 years on 31st August 2019 (born between September 1st 2015 and August 31st 2017) MUST call the surgery to book their Flu Appointment. Children CANNOT be seen on the above dates as the vaccines will NOT be available.
These are the eligibility conditions as outlined by NHS England which the practice adheres to.
For further information, please visit
If you are not eligible for a free flu vaccination and would like one, please arrange to have one at a pharmacy (there will be a charge for this service). Please bring in a copy of the vaccination details and we will add this to your medical record.