Due to Covid-19 restrictions we will NOT be running drop-in flu clinics this year.
Appointment only Flu clinics for ADULTS will be run on Saturday mornings over the next few months at HARTFIELD.
We will send invitations to our patients by text and/or email & will also keep our Website & Facebook Page up to date with the latest invitation criteria.
If you have online access, you can book your appointment online, otherwise please phone the surgery on 01892 863326 after 4pm to book an appointment.
Please note, you must only attend at the time of your appointment as we need to maintain social distancing at the Practice. Please remember to wear a face covering and do not attend if you have any symptoms of Covid-19.
Please let us know if you wish to decline the vaccine in order that we can update our records.
Many of our patients will know that they are eligible for an annual flu jab but for those who are unsure the details are set out below:
- all children aged 2 to 15 (but not 16 years or older) on 31 August 2021
- those aged 6 months to under 50 years in clinical risk groups
- If you have a long term or chronic condition e.g., COPD, asthma, diabetes, heart disease, kidney disease, liver disease including hepatitis, neurological disease including multiple sclerosis, Parkinson’s disease, Motor Neurone Disease, learning disabilities, those who have had their spleen removed and those who have a weakened immune system due to disease or treatment (such as taking steroids or being treated with chemotherapy). Other conditions that your GP considers clinically relevant may also be taken into account.
- pregnant women
- those aged 50 years and over
- those in long-stay residential care homes
- close contacts of immunocompromised individuals
- frontline health and social care staff employed by:
- a registered residential care or nursing home
- registered domiciliary care provider
- a voluntary managed hospice provider
- Direct Payment (personal budgets) and/or Personal Health Budgets, such as Personal Assistants.
All frontline health and social care workers are expected to have influenza vaccination to protect those they care for.
These are the eligibility conditions as outlined by NHS England which the practice adheres to.
For further information, please visit: https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/vaccinations/flu-influenza-vaccine/
- ELIGIBLE CHILDREN UNDER 18 YEARS OLD & THOSE AGED 2 AND 3 YEARS ON 31ST AUGUST 2021 (born between September 1st 2017 and August 31st 2019) must not attend on the Saturday morning clinics. Please call the surgery to book their Flu Appointment. Children CANNOT be seen on the above dates as the vaccines will NOT be available.
If you are not eligible for a free flu vaccination and would like one, please arrange to have one at a pharmacy (there will be a charge for this service). Please bring in a copy of the vaccination details and we will add this to your medical record.