Due to Covid-19 restrictions we will NOT be running drop in flu clinics this year.
Appointment only flu clinics for ADULTS ONLY will be run on Saturday mornings during October at HARTFIELD. If you have online access you can book your appointment online otherwise please phone the surgery on 01892 863326 after 4pm to book an appointment. Please note, you must only attend at the time of your appointment as we need to maintain social distancing at the Practice. Please remember to wear a face covering and do not attend if you have any symptoms of Covid-19.
Please let us know if you wish to decline.
Many of our patients will know that they are eligible for an annual flu jab but for those who are unsure the details are set out below:
- If you are aged 65 and over
- If you have a long term or chronic condition e.g. COPD, asthma, diabetes, heart disease, kidney disease, liver disease including hepatitis, neurological disease including multiple sclerosis, Parkinson’s disease, Motor Neurone Disease, learning disabilities, those who have had their spleen removed and those who have a weakened immune system due to disease or treatment (such as taking steroids or being treated with chemotherapy). Other conditions that your GP considers clinically relevant may also be taken into account
- If you are pregnant (including those women who become pregnant during the flu season)
- If you are a registered carer, or in receipt of a carer’s allowance, or the main carer of an older or disabled person
- If you are close contacts of immunocompromised individuals
- Are seriously overweight (BMI of 40 and above)
- If you are living in a long-stay residential care home or other long-stay care facility
- If you are a registered patient who is employed as a Social Care or Hospice Worker
- Household contacts of those on the NHS Shielded Patient List, or of immunocompromised individuals, specifically individuals who expect to share living accommodation with a shielded patient on most days over the winter and therefore for whom continuing close contact is unavoidable
These are the eligibility conditions as outlined by NHS England which the practice adheres to.
For further information, please visit
ELIGIBLE CHILDREN UNDER 18 YEARS OLD & THOSE AGED 2 AND 3 YEARS ON 31ST AUGUST 2020 (born between September 1st 2016 and August 31st 2018)
Must not attend on the Saturday morning clinics. Please call the surgery to book their Flu Appointment. Children CANNOT be seen on the above dates as the vaccines will NOT be available.
PATIENTS BETWEEN THE AGES OF 50-64
Please note that, if you are aged between 50 and 64 and not in a clinical at risk group, the earliest you will be offered a flu vaccination is November, providing there is sufficient vaccine. No appointments will be offered for people in this age group until then. This is to ensure that those who are most at risk are vaccinated first. If you are aged 50 to 64 and are in a clinical ‘at risk’ group which is eligible for the flu vaccination, for example you have a health condition which puts you at risk from the flu, you will be invited earlier.
If you are not eligible for a free flu vaccination and would like one, please arrange to have one at a pharmacy (there will be a charge for this service). Please bring in a copy of the vaccination details and we will add this to your medical record.